Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lets Start At The Beginning!!

Since I only began to blog I thought I am going to go back to two of the happiest days of my life. The days my sons were born! I guess you could say there were actually 4 happiest days, the days I found out I was pregnant and the days I had my sons.

Lets start with Michael. Born March 18, 2004 at 5:24 pm

The day before I found out I was pregnant with him I was going to drive to Bakersfield and back home, two of my nieces and a nephew were visiting and I need to take them home. I woke that morning so sick to my stomach and feeling like death was knocking on my door. I drove the kids home and came back to Concord where we were living at the time. The whole time I was so nauseated and thinking to myself could I be pregnant. The next morning I woke up to get ready for work and I went downstairs to use a test. After I took the test I thought to myself, "why did you take that stupid test, you are not pregnant." So I took the test back upstairs with me to take my shower. As I was turning on the shower water I looked over and saw two lines. I couldn't believe it. I ran over to the bed and woke Mike up and told him. We laughed and cried. Then we decided that we better test again just to make sure, the problem I didn't have another test at the house. So we decided that I should just get ready for work and stop at Longs Drugs store to get a test and just use it at the office. So that is what I did, another problem arose, I couldn't go pee. It took me sometime and I finally did and there it was two lines again. I was finally pregnant.

I called to make a OB appointment and they didn't want to see me until I was 10 weeks along. So at 10 weeks I went into the office and they confirmed I was pregnant and did an ultrasound. From the ultrasound I started calling him casper because that is what it looked like to me.



Pregnancy was not real nice to me, I had so much morning sickness. Every morning till I was in the middle of my 6 month. The toilet and I became close friends. Mike would ask me ever time if I was alright or if I needed something. When I was 14 weeks along we go to the heartbeat for the first time. That was awesome. Then came the big ultrasound, we were going to find out if it was a boy or a girl. I knew before hand that I was having a boy, I could just feel it.




Here is a picture of me getting ready that morning that Mike took. Pregnancy also did this awful thing to me, for some reason it made me nose so red!!! Okay not just red but big.



Here is the ultrasound picture that showed he was a boy! The ultrasound tech had to laugh at the baby because he was really showing off in there. He wanted to make sure we knew he was a boy!

In December Mike and Cheryl painted the babies room and I was not allowed to be around. It came out great. I am such a control freak that I was not pleased about not being able to paint. So instead I just slept.



Here is a picture of the bedding we used on the crib.




Here is a picture of me when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant.




Here I was when i was 34 week pregnant. I could hardly get up the stairs. I just kept growing and growing. My mom and Dad came and stayed with us my last month of my pregnancy. I was off work and bored and needed help. It was great having them.

When I was 37 weeks pregnant I started feeling a lot of pain and pressure down yonder. It was so much that I couldn't sleep, sit or stand. I called the doctor and they had me come into the office that day. They checked me and no dilation, then they did an ultrasound and discovered that the babies head was not going to fit so they were going to have to do a c-section. The doctor though maybe I was carrying a 10 pound baby and wanted to do it the surgery next day.

So I called Mike and told him, we were so excited. We were going to finally see the little man inside of me that had been kicking his mom all around. I called my sister and she headed in from Bakersfield. We spent the evening eating pizza and watching Survivor and American Idol. My c-section was planned for 5 pm so I could not eat anything after 8am in the morning. That morning I woke up way early and made everyone take me to Ihop for breakfast.

It was time to head to the hospital and I was really excited. Here is a picture of me about to leave.



Everything was going great until they wheeled me into the OR and then I lost it. I was going to have natural childbirth, I didn't want drugs because I didn't want a needle in my back. So now that I was having a c-section there were no other options but to get that needle. During the surgery I had a panic attack and said a few comments to the doctor that Mike still laughs about today. I also got very sick and threw up during the surgery. Then Michael was born.




Here he is... 8 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long.


Mike was so cute watching Michael be born. After they got him out he went over to were the baby was and when he could he brought him over to me. I had to have him take him away because I was throwing up. He stayed with the baby as they took him to the nursery to run test and clean him up.



Here is Mike showing off Michael to my family.




Mom just handed me Michael.



Finally I was holding my son. I had this overwhelming feeling. I told him I was going to be the best mom I could be tohim and that I was happy to have been blessed with him. I loved him when I was pregnant with him but the love I experienced when I held him was a thousand times greater. I was finally a mom and couldn't be happier!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home