Thursday, September 21, 2006

Then Came Raymond!

On March 1, 2005 we moved to San Jose, CA. We decided that once we moved into our new home and got things put up we would try to have another child. It didn't take long before that came to pass. We found out we were pregnant again on March 30, 2005. We had spent the weekend in Bakersfield for Easter and I wasn't feeling all that well, my friend Tyreen was also in town visiting and she asked me could I be pregnant. I, of course told her no that we just started trying. Which got me thinking maybe I was. The day after we got back from Bakersfield I got up and went to go buy a test. Mike thought I was crazy when I told him what I was going to do, but he didn't think I was crazy anymore when I came running out of the bathroom with test in hand showing positive. We couldn't believe how fast it happened this time.

Soon after I found out I was pregnant the morning sickness kicked in. I had it bad this time, the doctor actually put me on a medication that they give to patients going through Chemo. It wasn't easy being so sick and taking care of another child that had just turned 1. We told our family and they couldn't be happier for us. We waited to tell our friends till we could get everyone together for a lunch. I had this clever idea that I would make Michael a t-shirt to wear that said I am going to be a big brother, everyone was shocked when I took of Michaels jacket and they saw what it said.

We had our first ultrasound when I was almost 9 weeks along and the baby was just in there moving around. You could see his little heartbeat on the monitor. It was such a great feeling. They gave us a due date of December 2, 2005. We were going to have a precious present for Christmas.

Here is a picture of the ultrasound!


Besides the morning sickness this pregnancy was going along great. As my stomach grew Michael liked to put his head on my belly. He didn't realize there was a baby in there that would one day shake up the world as he knew it. I felt the baby move real early in this pregnancy, I was about 19 weeks along when I felt the first flutter. We got to hear the babies heartbeat when I was 15 weeks along and it was nice and strong.

I had my second ultrasound when I was 23 weeks along. Unfortunately the doctor was not able to get any good pictures for me. But it was at that point she told me we were having another boy. I once again knew I was having a boy very early on. We had another ultrasound when I was 29 weeks just to make sure things were still looking good.




Here is a picture of me when I was 27 weeks along. Once again my nose got big and red. I hate that.



Here is a picture of the baby. I don't know if you can tell on the computer screen but you can actually see the face. Because I had a c-section the first time my doctor thought it was safer for me to have one this time so we scheduled the surgery for November 17, 2006 at 12:30 pm.


In late August I started having problems, my asthma kicked into high gear. Mike had to take me to hospital because I couldn't breath. If I don't breath my baby doesn't breath and this scared me so bad. They gave me breathing treatments and since I was pregnant they wanted to make sure the baby was okay. They brought in a Doppler machine to hear the babes heartbeat and they couldn't find it. I started crying, Mike was not in the room with me at the time because he was getting Michael something to eat. The nurse told me that she is sure everything was fine but that she was going to call an Labor and Deliver nurse down to check. After searching for about 10 minutes they found his heartbeat. He was a lot lower then thought he should have been which is the reason they had the trouble. I was never so glad to hear anything in my life. I went to my Asthma doctor and he loaded me up in medications that a pregnant women can take and it made me feel so much better. My mom and dad came to help take care of thing s for me till I felt better.

On September 1 my older brother Garin was getting married in San Simeon, CA so we traveled down for it. The hardest part was trying to find something to wear. Here I was 8 months pregnant I knew we would have to take pictures. It was a beautiful wedding and I was glad that I was able to make it.




The big day arrives and I am all set to have this baby out of me. The last month was really hard.




Here is a picture of me right before we left for the hospital.

We asked one of Mikes sisters to come for the birth. They were coming in about an hour before the surgery was to start. This time the doctor was giving me something for nausea ahead of time and was going to give me something to help relax me right after they took the baby out. This really helped, I stayed calm. Then I heard the loudest cry and knew my second son Raymond was here.



Raymond Howard Galpin. 7lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches long.


While they were finishing taking care of me Mike went over to be with the baby. When they took him into the nursery the nurse let Mike bring my mom in. She was able to see Raymond get his first bath and that was very special for her. Once they got him cleaned up they brought him into recovery where I was at. I could hear him in the hallway still crying. Once they placed him in my arms he stopped. He knew he was with his mom. I was able to feed him while I was in there, that is a bond that I can't explain.


Once I was done feeding him they wheeled me to my hospital room. They gave me the baby back and I was able to love on him some more.




I wanted Michael to come in right after they got me in there so that he could meet his new brother. This was really important for me because I wanted Michael to be able to bond with Raymond. Here are pictures of Michaels reactions.


He didn't know what to think really. He was very cute.


Here is also a picture of Mike sister holding Raymond.

We named him Raymond Howard after two very important people in our lives. Raymond after my dad and Howard after Mikes dad who passed away while Mike was still in college.

I always thought that if I had another boy I would want to try for a third one in hopes it would be a girl. After holding Raymond and loving on Michael I realize my family is complete. I love my sons very much. They are the best things I have ever done!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home