Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas 2006

Christmas day was a blast. We went to sleep that night and I was going to wake up during the night to get things together, put presents out and write Michael a letter from Santa. About 3am I got up to do this and they were already done. I knew right then there was a Santa. Actually, my sister Cheryl was up doing the same thing for my nieces so she did it for my boys too.

About 6:30am Christmas morning Raymond woke up so we went out to the living room to wait for Michael to wake up. My nieces have the tradition that each Christmas morning they wake up real early and watch the TV show "The Christmas Story" then once the show is over they go and wake up their mom and dad. I am sure they are already awake and just waiting for the girls. After Cheryl and Thatcher got up I started making the Monkey bread for breakfast while Thatcher handed out the Stockings to my nieces. Cheryl got out Hot Cocoa stuff for them to drink. While Cheryl and I were in the Kitchen getting things ready Thatcher read from the Bible the true Christmas story while Torrie, Callie, Lynsie, Michael and Raymond listened.

Michael in front of the presents.


Raymond in front of the presents.


Raymond and Daddy waiting for the attack of the presents to start.


Raymond hanging out with Torrie waiting to open presents.



The monkey bread breakfast.

Afterwards, it was time to dig into the presents. We didn't take to many pictures because we wanted to help the boys and see the excitement. They loved opening the gifts and getting their stockings. After the boys were through Mike and I opened our presents. The boys got daddy a bunch of shirts and things to wear while he is out riding his bike. I got a pedometer, a Ipod shuffle, the Deal Or No Deal game, Itunes gift card and so much more. We were really blessed. The boys had a gift at home that was just way to big to carry down to Bakersfield. We got them a place bus that has all these things to play with. I knew Cheryl was coming for New Years also so she could help me put it together.

Michael ripping in.


Daddy helping Raymond with his gifts.

We ate breakfast and then it was time to get ready for the rest of the day. Thatchers family and our family all came over for dinner. The food was great but just spending time with everyone was even better. We even got the karaoke out.

Christmas was a wonderful time.



The bus.



Michael seeing the bus for the first time.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home